Thursday, May 8, 2014

Temptations

I came across endless temptations today.  First of all, I was running late in the morning so I didn't grab much of a breakfast. Luckily, I had a portioned baggie of strawberries and bluberries which I had on my way to work. I munched on some seeded flatbread crackers.  I didn't grab a lunch either, and I was temped with cheese puffs, popcorn, and pepsi for snack at a funeral service...and I was temped seeing as how I didn't know what else I'd grab for lunch...knowing I had a meeting in a few minutes. I skipped it anyway and decided I'd rather be hungry than have those. After the meeting, I was offered subway or burger king for lunch. My heart was saying burger king, but my brain said subway. I was given a free cookie and I had an iced tea (not soda).  After work, I went to the bar for a going away party and they had 2 for 1's. I shared a deal with a friend so I ended up only having one beer. I almost got another round for myself...but I didn't. And I was going to get bar food...but I didn't.   I went to chipotle and got a burrito bowl instead. It may not be better calorie wise...but I feel like the ingredients are better options than fried bar food. 

I went to MOA to meet a friend and run some errands. I walked at a fast pace for the entire time I was there, and I was tempted by all things that were chocolate. Yes, I'm PMS-ing, and all I want is chocolate. I bought a couple chocolate treats from rocky mountain (1 for today and 1 for tomorrow in case I get a craving again), and I got a small 1/2 cup of chocolate ice cream from cold stone.

It may not seem like a lot of temptations, but it sure felt like it. Especially during the first half of the day with lunch and happy hour. 

I didn't mention this on my goals list from yesterdays post, but I'm also going to stop drinking soda again.  Its such a terrible substance. But addicting. SI've done it before, so I know I can do it again.  I'm proud that I thought of having soda at LEAST 4 times today, but I didn't. Which is weird because I don't drink soda everyday anyway. 

So here goes to fighting temptations, especially during the beginning stage of my battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment