Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fast food FIGHT

I haven't been to a fast food place since my post about "fast food no more."  So that's good.

However, it hasn't been a breeze.  I've thought about wanting it (but mainly when I'm hungry) and I fight it off.  I've also thought of it for work reasons, but decided to work around it and avoided it altogether.  Today, was a tough one too...

I babysat for a family I haven't seen in about 5 months, and they live about 30 minutes away.  Usually when I leave their home, it's really late, and I get that late night hunger.  Even though I didn't leave their house that late today, I still felt the urge to go to the McDonald's on the way home because of the habit and also because I was hungry since I didn't eat a substantial dinner.  I fought it, and just kept driving home.  But what is bothersome, is the fact that it was that difficult for me.  I wanted to call someone and tell them to slap me.  I wanted to tell myself that I didn't care if I got fatter.  I just wanted to get the McDonald's.

I didn't go.  The angel on my shoulder won.  And I'm glad.  I came home and I DID eat, but I was so hungry that I made a quick PB&J sandwich and had 2 persimmons.

Just thought I should share.

No comments:

Post a Comment