Monday, January 28, 2013

Herbalife Journey

Sasha and I were introduced to Herbalife last Spring.  We've gone regularly to the nutrition club, which we call the "smoothie shop" because they make the most delicious smoothies!  Overtime, I decided to become an independent distributor/consultant.  I did it for selfish reasons...to get the automatic 25% discount.  I told them that I didn't want to actively sell the products, and that I just pretty much wanted the discount.  Apparently a lot of people do that.  Anyways...that was awhile ago.

Anne and I ordered some more products and we were talking about losing weight and my Herbalife opportunities, and we kind of made a pact in the end.  We decided that we would try the Herbalife program/plan.  To lose weight, they suggest that you replace a smoothie/shake for a meal, twice a day while eating a healthy/sensible meal for the 3rd meal.  I'm most likely going to do a shake for breakfast and lunch most of the time, or maybe lunch and dinner because I love me some fried eggs for breakfast :)  We're going to see if we can do this, and we're both very curious to see how much weight we actually lose in a month.  I started this new Herbalife regimen on Friday January 25th, and she started hers on Saturday January 26th.  We've both been encouraging each other and I'm really excited to see the outcome.

One of the reasons why I am excited to see the outcome is because I've been struggling financially for the past year and I seem to be getting rejected from the few part time places I've applied to so far.  One of the people very high in my Herbalife chain told me that if I have 3-4 clients, I could pretty much get my products for free.  This would save me a lot of money, from buying my products myself.  If I had more clients than that..I could claim the rest in a check form.  And how hard can it be to find 3-4 clients?  However, IF I were to go down that route...I'd want to try the program first and lose weight to believe it myself, and to prove that they can do it too.

So here is to a new adventure!

And an update on my running adventure: I last ran with Sasha and Amy on Monday January 14th.  I had the flu that week and didn't feel healthy enough to run again.  PLUS...the weather freaked out and it was below zero for most of the past 2 weeks I think.  Well, at least last week.  The week I had the flu, I didn't know much of what was going on in the real world.  Anyways, I still have a cough and a leaky nose, but I feel a LOT healthier now.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 30's and I will run if the bottom layer of the roads aren't too icy.  Otherwise I could try the treadmill at the gym :(

No comments:

Post a Comment