Saturday, January 12, 2013

Running update

I started to run again.  Or I should say...I started to learn to run again.

I recently decided I'd try to sign up for a 5k.  This will be my first 5k.  Anne wanted to walk it...which I believe she will...but my mentality is: if I sign up for a 5k...I'm running it.  So I'll do my best.  This is actually good motivation because it means I'd have to learn to run 5k before the race...which I will have paid for a few months before it happens.  So I'm gonna have to do it.

This week, I did the run 1min/walk 2min intervals.
I did it Monday with Amy, Wednesday with Amy & Sasha, and Friday with Kyan (Anne's dog).  I did every run outside, with the purpose of getting used to hitting pavement.  I'm very proud of myself for having completed an entire week's worth of running practices.  I think the second run (Wed) was the toughest on my body.  I was tired (lack of sleep last weekend and early week), sore from Mon's run and taiko on Tue, and cranky from work.  I've been able to relax a tiny bit more since then, and I've been stretching a lot...which I think helped tonight's run.

I'm excited to learn to run with my pals, and I really feel like this is it.  This is the time I'll finally finish the running program.  I probably won't increase the intervals every week like the Running Room's classes did...but I hope I can get my 3 runs in every week, no matter what interval I'm working on.

MOTIVATION REMINDER:
Sasha & Amy (my running partners for this week) - We can't give up if we don't get the 3 runs in every week.  We just need to do our best.  All of our lives are busy and stressful and complicated at times.  And sometimes, we just need a day off to do absolutely nothing.  So we have to remind eachother not to get discouraged if we don't get 3 runs in a week.   Also, I'm here with you...if you only get 1 or 2 runs in one week and need to continue the same interval the following week...I'm doing it with you.  It's only more practice...I won't be losing anything.  We can take our time doing this.

And Sasha - we made a pact to help eachother lose weight.  Let's do our best and let's stick with our guts to lose our guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment