Friday, October 18, 2013

FALL INTO HEALTH

I started my Fall detoxing today. I felt really good about myself today. I didn't give into any cravings and stuck to my daily food plan. I started the day off with an awesome morning elixir (lemon juice, water and apple cider vinegar) and an awesome veggie, fruit smoothie with hemp protein powder and flax seed, sounds gross but it was pretty amazing. I have 4 days of pre-detoxing which I will be trying to eliminate eggs, dairy, wheat/grains, nuts and soy. I'm slowly trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies that are low on the glycemic index. This is the first detox I've done where I'm not hungry, a lot of detoxes out there don't allow you to eat real food, which is why I was really attracted to this detox. Also the instructor really encourages you to go at your own pace, its definitely not too extreme and it feels like something I will keep up with it.

http://www.vibrantologyhealth.com/

http://www.vibrantologyhealth.com/
 Rawkin' Love Smoothie
1 cup coconut milk, rice, almond or hemp milk
1 banana
1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
1 cup spinach or kale
1 cup frozen berries
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 splash pure vanilla extract
Ice (optional)
Combine all ingredients in blender; blend until smooth

Morning Elixir
8-12 oz. warm water
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
It's good to drink throughout the day and it really flushes your system

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Sasha!!! The blender looks yummy. A lot of good stuff in there. How has it been going? Tomorrow is your last day of the pre-detox then?

    ReplyDelete