Monday, October 7, 2013

Gotta do it.

When sasha and I discussed our weightloss challenges, last Thursday.... one of the biggest reasons we fail is because we are just simply lazy.  Many times, we find dumb excuses why we "can't" make it to the gym that day...when really...we could. 

So today, after working a very busy 11.5 hr shift at work, I'd have an hour at the gym before they closed.  I wasn't super tired but I still didn't want to go to the gym...just because I could go home and do other things.  I knew I'd be going to the gym in the morning as I planned with another friend so I "really didn't have to" was whag I told myself. However, I drove to the gym anyway. Funny thing, how as soon as I step into the gym I start feeling more tired than I felt all day.  But I got myself there and already walled in...so i just had to do it.  I swam hard for 30 minutes tonight.  Overall, I feel good about it.

I have to make myself go more often. 

I told a friend last week, that maybe i should put $1 in a jar everytime i actually workout.  Then after a certain point, whether its monthly, quarterly, or anually...i could treat myself to something nice with that money.  It could be as little as a nice meal or massage.  It could be to buy myself something i need or have wanted but never bought.  Or if it collects a lot for a longer period of time...maybe id have enough to cover part of a trip to visit my non-mn friends!  I really like this idea even more now.  I think i may try to collect for the first 6 months this first time around.  I willet you know when i start the jar (it may wait until i move).

No comments:

Post a Comment