Monday, September 10, 2012

Losing my marbles!

So far, I've already lost 4 pounds since Aug 31st!  6 more pounds to lose by the end of the month, to reach my first goal.

I got this idea while searching the web for motivational quotes. It's this thing people do as a visual motivator, to help them lose weight.  So I decided to do it too.

I'm calling it, "I'm losing my marbles!"  Here it is!!!!


So each marble represents one pound.  I'm not really sure how many pounds I want to lose because I'd like to see how I feel.  I don't want to overdo it and be too skinny, if that's ever possible for me.  I didn't realize how little the marbles would look, in these bowls.  Funny thing is, when I was at the store looking at them, I kept thinking, "I need a bigger jar" or "are there enough marbles in this thing?"  I don't have a picture of the marble container...but it's big.  I barely left a dent in it.  hahaha.  I thought maybe I'd do it goal by goal.  So I put in 10 and took out the 4 pounds I've already lost.  It looked pathetic.  I KNOW I'll want to lose more weight than that...so I figured 155lbs would be a nice long term goal.  But it still looked pathetic and empty with the 30 marbles in there!  So I set my long term goal to 135lbs.  This may be un-reachable, as I haven't been 135lbs since several years ago.  I don't even know if I will look healthy at that weight.  I guess we'll find out as I lose more lbs though!

I've learned that it's really hard to lose weight when you focus on how many more pounds you have left to lose.  Especially with a large amount!  However, this is the only thing that I have or will be using/looking at during my weight loss...that will remind me of how many MORE is left to lose.  And I will try to pay more attention to the "lost!" bowl and be excited about the success.  Even if it is little, like right now.

* Sasha - I have a TON of marbles, if you want to do this as well.  You could buy smaller bowls/jars :)  They're really inexpensive.  Or you could just use mason jars (I didn't think of that one before I went to the store).

No comments:

Post a Comment