Thursday, September 6, 2012

Workout Trainer & Bollywood

I was going to try my first workout trainer workout yesterday at work.  However, I didn't get time...so I decided to force Katie to doing it with me since I was at her apartment after work.  We had a wonderful late night workout session :)

We did the Harvard Health Warmup which was a 6 minute warmup...and boy, did it warm us up.  We were both sweating and slightly struggling through some of the routines (squats).  Then we did the Beginner BlastOFF! which is a 15 minute basic body workout.  Can I just say that parts of this was hell?  There were more squats, and it was tough especially if you're already sore!  I like that there was a variety of poses because you don't get too bored.  It was really nice having Katie do it with me because I probably would've slacked a lot more if I did it on my own.

I can feel it in my body everywhere today.  I know it was good for me, so I scheduled my first "program" through the app.  It's a free one, that is a one week - 4 workout program.  I'll let you know how it goes next week.

To wrap up the evening...Katie forced me to do a bollywood body workout DVD with her.  She chose a 15 minute session and it was hilariously fun.  We definitely learned a lot of moves from it :)  I can see how people choose to get in shape through those DVDs because I could feel the pain in my sore muscles.  However, I'd choose the workout trainer over the bollywood because it's a lot more intense.

Thanks again, Katie, for doing these with me last night!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I want to remind you about bodyrock.tv Awesome workouts generally about 12 minutes in length. Remember "Eat Clean and Train Dirty!" Good luck ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vix! I'll look into bodyrock.tv again and test it out :)

    ReplyDelete