Monday, October 1, 2012

October Begins!!!!!

SEPTEMBER RESULTS
I lost a total of 5 pounds in September.  My goal was to lose 10 lbs, so I didn't achieve my goal...but I'm happy I lost at least 5!  I lost it within the first 2 weeks, and I somehow managed to keep it off for the remaining weeks of the month.

OCTOBER GOAL
I don't know about Sasha's new goal, but my goal for the month of October, is to lose 7 lbs.  I will go from being 180 to 173.  In order to achieve this goal, I plan on going to the gym regularly again and working out.  I enjoy a variety of activities: spin, swim, elliptical, weights, yoga, dance, etc.  At this point, I'm not worried about getting in a variety because I think any activity even if it's once a week will help since I haven't been there in awhile.  For now, I would like to go at least 2x/week.  I would also like to work on the running thing again.  It's hard to do it 3x/week while going to the gym 2x/week, and playing tennis...suddenly.  So for now, I'd be impressed if I can make a "run" even 1x/week.  I took "Learn to Run" through the Running Room a few summers ago.  I like their program, but it's hard on my legs so I add a week before their 1st week of the program.  So for example, week 1 you're supposed to do run 2 min and walk 3 min for 30 minutes total.  I start with a nice long walk to let my legs warm up a bit, then for week 1, I will do run 1 min and walk 2 min for about 30 minutes.  I'll do this maybe 2-4 times before I move on to the next "week" which will probably be run 1 min walk 1 min or run 1 min walk 2 min.  Either way, I will have to do it at a slower pace and move on to the next "week" of the program at my own pace.

MY OCTOBER TO-DO LIST:
  - Go to the gym at least 2x/week
  - Run 1x/week
  - Yoga 1x/week (whether it's at home or in studio)

No comments:

Post a Comment