Friday, November 16, 2012

SWEATIN' at the Gym!

Yup....I finally made it back to the gym.  Tuesday was a busy day with appointments, and meetings.  In between, I scheduled time to go to the nearest gym to get a workout in.  I almost didn't go because the Highland Park LTF, has a parking ramp (free for gym members who swipe their lifetime card) and I couldn't find my card that afternoon.  So I freaked out and decided not to go because I didn't know where the gym's actual front door is (I'm only been in through the parking ramp) and I chickened out.  For me, it wasn't worth the stress of trying to figure it out.  Then I decided I was dumb.  So I decided to go, and just grab a parking ticket and pay for it.  I went inside and asked the LTF front desk if they validated parking since I had misplaced my member card.  She told me to grab one on my way out.  I did 30 minutes on my favorite "total body conditioning" elliptical machine at the interval program.  I forgot my headphones so I couldn't listen to my music which is the best part of working out on those machines.  And I hated it because they only have 2 of those machines and they are RIGHT in front of the mirror.  Literally about a foot away from my face.  So it's just really awkward working out that close to a mirror because I can't see a tv.  The only thing I can look at in front of me is the mirror which is the length of the entire wall...so I'm actually looking at everything that is  BEHIND me.  It's weird.  Anyway, I was there for about 1.5hrs, and the parking validating coupon said 30min.  I handed it to the guy and he let me out.  So they must just use those old tickets for no time limit.  This is good to know for the future, in case I forget my card again.

It was good to be back at the gym.  I actually had plans to go to the pool for a 30min swim the next day but due to confusion and schedule changes at work...I wasn't able to go.  As Sasha said in her last blog...people who go to the gym at 4am BEFORE work DO make me feel and look lazy.  And she's right.  It IS possible for us to fit in a workout.  We just choose not to.  ugh.  I hope to get to the gym sometime next week to swim.  Swimming is somewhat of a newer exercise for me, and it's really addicting.  I know that it will just take me one time to the pool...and I'll be going there a LOT more frequently.

ALSO...an update on my last blog entry about being more consistent with the workout apps on my phone...I DID complete that workout program.  So YAY!  That's over.  But I haven't started a new one, nor have I started up on the Push Ups app yet.

Even though I've been a teeny bit more physically active...I haven't lost any pounds yet.  Why?  Because I've been eating shit.  Once again.  I'm choosing to.  I don't know how many drive thru's I've been through this month.  What's wrong with me?!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So good that you decided to go to the gym! I'm super proud of you, Lesley! Your working out has made me very motivated to workout more. But you are right about eating shit. I did day 2 of working out today with my Biggest Loser video then I ate Little Cesar's Pizza and crazy bread. The food is the hardest thing for me to change right now. I'm finding it so hard to resist the cravings for carbs. Its like I need a fix of carbs all the time and if I dont get it I feel super sick and jittery. It's like carbs are my cocaine. Ugghh I need Food Rehab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I laughed about the working out then eating Little Cesar's Pizza! Because I know how that is! We need to work harder somehow. And the next time we go biking...I'm packing us a nice healthy lunch so we don't find ourselves at an Indian buffet again.

    ReplyDelete