Sunday, November 25, 2012

Keep on swimming'

Last night, Katie and I had plans to go to my gym for a swim.  We both needed motivation to exercise and get in the pool.  And what other better motivation other than each other?!

We got in the pool probably around 9pm, and decided to swim until 10pm.  Then at 10, we bumped it back to 10:30pm.  Then to 11pm.  We swam for 2 hours!  Neither of us have been to a pool for SO long, so we took several breaks, and kt tried not to black out, as she does when working out fiercely.  I did a total of 2200yds I think.  In 2 hours.  I used to be able to do 1000yds in 30 minutes.  So...I'll have to see how long it will take for me to get there again.

But either way, I really enjoyed my last 500yd stretch (I don't know what it's called in swimming terms, but I swam 500yds without taking a break other than to take a breath or turn).  I went at a slower pace and I could feel my body stretching with every arm's reach.  I've never felt my body that long before.  I told Katie that it was like yoga in a way, where I can think about my body and slowly stretch and tone at the same time.  It was just very rhythmic and I loved every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment